Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd today unveiled the next generation of its category-defining foldable device, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2. Packed with enhanced refinements and meaningful innovations, the Galaxy Z Fold2 delivers new foldable experiences for those who enjoy being at the forefront of technology. With a larger Cover Screen and massive Main Screen, the Galaxy Z Fold2 combines solid design and expert craftsmanship with intuitive new features for a unique mobile experience that offers the versatility that everyday life demands.
“Our journey towards the next generation of mobile devices is full of originality and innovation,” said Dr. TM Roh, President and Head of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “With the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2, we closely listened to user feedback to ensure we were bringing meaningful improvements to the hardware, while also developing new innovations to enhance the user experience. Further strengthened by our industry-leading partnerships with Google and Microsoft, we’re reshaping and redefining the possibilities of the mobile device experience.”
New Refined Design
The Galaxy Z Fold2 pairs bold design with advanced engineering so you can feel confident using it every day.
- Complete and Immersive Content Experiences – A 6.2-inch Infinity-O Cover Screen provides maximum usability so you can check email, look up directions, or even watch your favorite content without needing to unfold your device every time. When unfolded, the massive 7.6-inch Main Screen, with minimized bezels and notch-less Front Camera, immerses you with a 120Hz adaptable refresh rate for smooth scrolling and gameplay. To complete the experience, the Galaxy Z Fold2 comes with the best dynamic sound available on a Galaxy device to date, with enhanced stereo effect and clearer sound provided by high-dynamic dual speakers.
- Solid Design and Expert Craftsmanship – The Galaxy Z Fold2 is re-engineered with a sleek, unified design that delivers a smooth, high-end feel. Samsung Ultra-Thin Glass is now on the Main Screen, providing a more premium and refined feel for the display. Its design is anchored by the Hideaway Hinge, which fits seamlessly into the device body with the CAM mechanism and enables free-standing capabilities that power all-new Flex mode experiences. Galaxy Z Fold2 also employs sweeper technology, first introduced on the Galaxy Z Flip, within the gap between the body and hinge housing to repel dust and undesirable particles. As Galaxy Z Fold2 features a third-generation refined design, the space for the sweeper structure is even smaller than on the Galaxy Z Flip. To achieve this, Samsung developed new innovative sweeper technology to provide the same level of protection in a smaller space. The Galaxy Z Fold2 Hideaway Hinge features revolutionary slim cutting technology, modified fiber composition, and adjusted fiber density.
Capture and View Exactly How You Want
The innovative foldable form factor and its sophisticated design are taken to the next level with unique mobile experiences on the Galaxy Z Fold2. The Galaxy Z Fold2 pairs Flex mode with App Continuity to provide expanded usability, crossing the boundary between the Cover and Main Screen. This flexibility enables you to create or view content that is curated to your exact preferences, from folded to unfolded.
- A Device that is as Flexible and Productive as You Are – With Flex mode, it’s now easier than ever to capture content and review in real-time. With Capture View Mode, now you won’t have to leave the Camera app. Clearly see the photo or video you just took or review up to five of your most recent captures on the bottom half of the Main Screen, and the preview of your next shot will be on the top half. You can also take your creativity one step further with Auto framing. Whether you’re jumping in on the latest social dance or showing off your cooking skills, the Galaxy Z Fold2 can record hands-free video and keep the subject in focus even when it moves.
- Features to Support Your Creativity – Rethink content-capturing by incorporating both the photographer and the subject’s perspective into getting the shot. Using the Main and Cover Screen at the same time with Dual Preview, both parties can see what’s being captured. What’s more, thanks to the Galaxy Z Fold2’s flexibility, you can now take a high-quality selfie with the rear cameras with the Cover Screen acting as the viewfinder.
- Flagship Camera Features – The Galaxy Z Fold2’s cameras also offer flagship-level camera quality and control. With Pro Video mode, Single Take, Bright Night, and Night Mode, the Galaxy Z Fold2 helps you capture the moment in stunning quality.
Maximize Every Moment
The Galaxy Z Fold2 aligns next-generation mobile productivity with advanced multitasking capabilities thanks to new intuitive ways to interact. Get the most out of your day by tailoring the Galaxy Z Fold2’s tablet-sized Main Screen to fit in with your working style.
- Seamless Multitasking – Use advanced Multi-Active Window to control your screen layout with more ease and flexibility. Experience more productivity now that you can open multiple files from the same app at the same time and view them side by side. With an improved Multi-Window Tray, you can open multiple apps at once with the integration of App Pair and the Edge Panel to enjoy added convenience. With drag and drop, you can simply drag text, images, and documents from one app to another for instant transfer. Now, you can also quickly screen capture in one app and transfer the captured image into another seamlessly with Split Screen Capture.
- Optimized App Interactions to Support Your Flow – Choose the most optimized UI on the Main Screen to suit your needs. Quickly and easily switch layouts between a large screen layout or traditional phone layout in the Settings.
- Optimized App Display– Maximize every moment in your daily life and upgrade the viewing experience of your favorite apps, including Gmail, YouTube, and Spotify. Use the Main Screen with Office apps in Microsoft 365 to mimic the tablet experience. For example, use Microsoft Outlook to its true potential by having your inbox on the left side and viewing message previews on the right side. Draft Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, or PowerPoint presentations with PC-like toolbar arrangements.
Galaxy Leadership Strengthened by Strategic Partnerships
Samsung has an open and collaborative approach to partnerships. Through a long-standing partnership with Google, Samsung established an open ecosystem for foldable devices. With this partnership, Samsung has fostered foldable UX innovation to realize the goal of creating the ultimate form factor. Furthermore, a trusted partnership with Microsoft, combined with the Galaxy Z Fold2’s advanced hardware and large screen experience, allows users to maximize their productivity in mobile environments.
Building on its long-standing legacy of Galaxy leadership, Samsung once again pushes the boundaries of mobile innovation and engineering. With the Galaxy Z Fold2, users can access ultra-fast speeds thanks to its full 5G band compatibility, while the 4,500mAh All Day Battery and Super Fast Charging means you can do more without worrying about your battery life. Galaxy Z Fold2 also offers Samsung DeX wireless connection for clutter-free work productivity, while UWB (Ultra Wide Band) technology is integrated into the device making it quick and easy to share files, photos, or videos with Nearby Share.
Galaxy Z Premier Service
Galaxy Z Fold2 users can access Galaxy Z Premier Service: With on-demand concierge support, it will now be easier to connect one-on-one with experts to unlock the unique experience that the Galaxy Z Fold2 enables, schedule service center door-to-door pick-ups and deliveries, and make pre-appointment bookings. Moreover, Galaxy Z Fold2 owners will automatically be enrolled in Samsung Care+, which provides one-time device protection against accidental damage within one year of purchasing date. Galaxy Z Fold2 users will also be provided the best mobile experiences possible by supporting three generations of Android operating system (OS) upgrades.
The Galaxy Z Fold2 will be available in the Philippines in Mystic Black and Mystic Bronze on September 25, 2020, for select Samsung Online Partners and October 2, 2020, for select Authorized Samsung Stores, with pre-orders from September 12 to 24, 2020.
For more information about the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2, visit samsung.com/ph/smartphones/galaxy-z-fold2/, samsungmobilepress.com, and news.samsung.com/galaxy.
Galaxy Z Fold2 Product Specifications
*The Main Screen
- 7.6'' QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display (22.5:18) Infinity Flex Display (2208 x 1768), 373ppi
- 6.2'' HD+ Super AMOLED Display (25:9), 2260 x 816, 386ppi
Main Screen: Screen measured diagonally as a full rectangle without accounting for the rounded corners. The actual viewable area is less due to the rounded corners.
Cover Screen: Screen measured diagonally as a full rectangle without accounting for the rounded corners. The actual viewable area is less due to the rounded corners.
Dimension & Weight
Folded: 68.0 x 159.2 x 16.8mm (Hinge) ~ 13.8mm(Sagging), 282g
Unfolded: 128.2 x 159.2 x 6.9mm(Frame) ~ 6.0mm(Screen) , 282g
10MP Selfie Camera : F2.2, Pixel size: 1.22μm, FOV: 80˚
10MP Selfie Camera: F2.2, Pixel size: 1.22μm, FOV: 80˚
Rear Triple Camera
12MP Ultra Wide Camera : F2.2 ,Pixel size: 1.12μm, FOV : 123˚
12MP Wide-angle Camera : Super Speed Dual Pixel AF, OIS, F1.8, Pixel size: 1.8μm, FOV: 83˚
12MP Telephoto Camera : PDAF, F2.4, OIS, Pixel size: 1.0μm, FOV: 45˚
Dual OIS, 0.5x out and 2x in optical zoom, Up to 10x digital zoom, HDR10+ recording, Tracking AF
7㎚ 64-bit Octa-Core Processor (3.09㎓ + 2.40㎓ + 1.80㎓)
12GB RAM with 256GB internal storage (UFS3.1)
Actual storage availability may depend on pre-installed software
4500mAh (typical) dual battery
Typical value tested under third-party laboratory conditions. A typical value is the estimated average value considering the deviation in battery capacity among the battery samples tested under IEC 61960 standard. The Rated (minimum) capacity is 4365mAh. Actual battery life may vary depending on the network environment, usage patterns, and other factors.
Fast Charging compatible on wired and wireless
Wired charging compatible with QC2.0 and AFC, Wireless charging compatible with WPC and PMA
Wireless PowerShare is limited to Samsung or other brand smartphones with WPC Qi wireless charging, such as Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Note20, Galaxy Note20 Ultra Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Note10, Note10+, Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+ S9, S9+, S8, S8+, S8 Active, S7, S7 Edge, S7 Active, S6, S6 Edge, S6 Active, S6 edge+, Note9, Note8, Note FE, Note5, and wearables such as Galaxy Watch Active, Gear Sport, Gear S3, Galaxy Watch, and Galaxy Buds. May not work with certain accessories, covers, or other brand devices. May affect call reception or data services, depending on your network environment.
[LTE]: Enhanced 4X4 MIMO, 6CA, LAA, LTE Cat.20
- Up to 2Gbps Download / Up to 200Mbps Upload
[5G]: Non-Standalone (NSA), Standalone (SA), Sub6 / mmWave
Actual speed may vary depending on the market, carrier, and user environment.
Requires optimal 5G connection. Actual speed may vary depending on the market, carrier, and user environment.
[Wi-Fi] 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax HE80 MIMO, 1024QAM
[Bluetooth] Bluetooth® v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), USB type-C, NFC, Location (GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou)
[Ultra Wide Band]
Galileo and BeiDou coverage may be limited. BeiDou may not be available for certain countries.
One eSIM and one Nano SIM
SIM cards sold separately. Availability may vary depending on market and carrier.
eSIM requires a wireless service plan and allows you to activate a mobile network plan without the use of a nano-SIM. eSIM availability may vary depending on the software version, market, and carrier. Check with your carrier if your mobile network plan supports eSIM.
Capacitive Fingerprint sensor (side), Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, Proximity sensor, Light sensor
Lock type: pattern, PIN, password
Biometric lock type: Fingerprint sensor*, Face recognition
Galaxy Z Fold2 has a Capacitive Fingerprint sensor on the side.
Surround sound with Dolby Atmos technology (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus included.)
UHQ 32-bit &DSD64/128 support, PCM: Up to 32 bits, DSD: DSD64/128
Audio playback format: MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, APE, DSF, DFF
DSD64 and DSD128 playback can be limited depending on the file format.
Video playback format: MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
TV connection: Wireless: Smart View (screen mirroring 1080p at 30fps) / Wired: supports DisplayPort over USB type-C. Supports video out when connecting via HDMI Adapter. (DisplayPort 4K UHD at 60 fps)
Knox protection: real-time monitoring and protection.
Virus, malware prevention. (Powered by McAfee)
Secure Folder: a secure space on the device to keep content such as apps, photos, and videos, secured by fingerprint scanning.
Virus and malware prevention solution providers may vary depending on the market. Availability may vary by market and carrier.
Mystic Black, Mystic Bronze
In the Box
Galaxy Z Fold2, Data Cable, Travel Adapter, Ejection Pin, Quick Start Guide,
Earphones (USB Type-C) with sound by AKG, Galaxy Z Premier Service Leaflet, Brand Story Leaflet
*Actual components, including earphones, may not be available depending on the model you purchase or the market or region you live in. Package and cover color may vary depending on device color.
*All specifications and descriptions provided herein may be different from the actual specifications and descriptions of the product. Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this page and the contents herein, including without limitation, functionality, features, specifications, GUI, images, videos, benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, capabilities, and any other product information, without notice.