Lenovo Unveils Featherweight Yoga Slim 7i Carbon Laptop

POSTED BY: Lionell Go Macahilig
2020-10-17 12:51:28 PHT

Ultra-light 13.3-inch laptop with 16:10 display has all-day battery life, feather-light portability, and military-grade durability; enables users to enjoy smarter living

Lenovo, the world’s leading PC and smart device manufacturer, today announced the launch of Yoga Slim 7i Carbon. This premium laptop is designed for always-on-the-go business leaders, entrepreneurs and millennials who want a device that meet their lifestyle needs – and the Yoga Slim 7i Carbon, with its featherweight portability, military-grade durability, and immersive experience, delivers on all fronts.

Incredibly light and astoundingly strong, with a unique moon white sheen

The latest addition to the Yoga family is an elegantly crafted, yet sturdy, device that fuses smarter computing with design and mobility. Weighing from just 966g, this ultra-light, 13.3-inch laptop with a 16:10 display rests gently on the palm, with its design tapering towards the front for an incredibly sleek profile from just 14.25mm.

The delicate appearance conceals a rugged durability. Under the eye-catching Moon White carbon-fibre cover lies a machine subjected to Lenovo’s strict in-house reliability test and nine military-grade tests for durability, meeting MIL-STD-810G standards. It withstands a variety of knocks and bumps with a dust-resistant and extreme temperature-resistant, drop-tested structure that can make it through everyday wear and tear.

The stunning Moon White finish is achieved through a unique process involving three layers of high heat, and six to nine hours of painting. Beneath it lies aero-grade strength carbon fibre carefully layered and bonded using the same high-precision manufacturing process used in supercars. The proprietary Web-Core 2.0 multi-layer carbon fibre reduces material weight further by 47%, while increasing durability by 25% compared to the previous generation.

The result is a beautiful, ultra-mobile device made from Lenovo’s lightest carbon fibre material yet, retaining its elegance through an easy-to-clean, anti-fingerprint finish.

“We are committed to ensuring that every Yoga user is empowered to achieving more in a life of smarter living,” said Peter Yeung, General Manager, Consumer Business of Lenovo Asia Pacific. “Whether it transforms the way people use technology or a faster way of getting things done so they can focus on what truly matters – the Yoga Slim 7i Carbon is a testament to Lenovo’s mission to continuously break innovation boundaries and deliver smarter technology for all.”

Designed for mobile performance with ever more immersive entertainment

Powered by the Intel® Evo™ platform, the Yoga Slim 7i Carbon represents a new class of laptops built for smarter living. An Evo™ verified PC assures a laptop that is co-engineered, designed and verified for exceptional responsiveness, as well as a lasting battery life with fast charging capabilities.

The platform boasts the remarkable responsiveness of 11th Generation Intel Core processors, lightning-fast Gigabit speeds with Intel WiFi 6, and two Thunderbolt™ 4 port for speedy transfers and charging so users can focus on getting things done faster. With a high capacity 50 watt-per-hour battery, the Yoga Slim 7i Carbon is capable of powering users through 15 hours of video playback or up to 13 hours of all-day office productivity, and with Rapid Charge Boost, just 15 minutes of charging will provide two hours of use – raising the bar for the laptop experience.

Thanks to Intel Iris Xe graphics, users will enjoy accelerated performance in creative applications and excellent graphics performance at up to 3x faster with high-efficiency thermal components that minimise heat build-up.

Watching movies, browsing the web and working with text documents are much easier as the Yoga Slim 7i Carbon’s display reveals more with a 91% active area ratio in 16 by 10 proportions. The 2560x1600 Quad HD display provides over four million pixels for sharper texts and clearer images while 300-nit brightness increases outdoor visibility. Upping the ante, the display covers 100% sRGB colour gamut and supports Dolby Vision HDR imaging enhancement, providing stunningly vivid colours for content creation and binge watching. The TÜV Rheinland Eye Comfort Certified screen helps reduce eye fatigue, while 2x2W Dolby Atmos certified speakers produce sound that moves around a three-dimensional space.

Smarter and more intuitive user experience

Starting with the exterior, the Yoga Sim 7i Carbon has a lip on the front cover that provides room for a one-finger display lift. With Flip-to-boot technology, the display lift action is intelligently captured and the laptop boots to Windows desktop, even from a cold state.

The Lenovo Smart Assist also offers a safer, smarter platform that comes from a combination of thoughtfully curated hardware, software and artificial intelligence. Forgotten passwords and privacy worries are a thing of the past, with features such as zero-touch login and lock with presence detection and facial recognition, modern standby for synchronisation of email or critical Windows updates, plus instant-on from a sleep state with exceptionally low power draw.

On top of a shoulder surfing privacy alert, the AI-powered attention-sensing software, Glance by Mirametrix, recognises when the user is looking away and automatically blurs the on-screen content. The device also sends posture notifications if the user gets too close to the screen.

The Yoga Slim 7i Carbon streamlines the day with voice assistants such as Amazon Alexa and Lenovo Q-Control, using Lenovo Intelligent Thermal System 4.0 to overdrive system performance and extend battery life. In addition, the Lenovo Vantage application enables deeper customisation of smart settings, added protection from security threats, and diagnosis of computer performance issues.

Pricing and Availability

The local pricing and availability of the Yoga Slim 7i Carbon will be announced on October 26. For more information about the Yoga series, visit https://www.lenovo.com/ph/en/yoga.