Mastercard's Future of Outbound Travel in Asia Pacific (2016-2021) Report reveals that Filipinos made 3.4 million outbound trips in 2016 and that figure is expected to grow by an average of 4.4% each year to hit 4.3 million outbound trips in 2021. Meanwhile, Mastercard's Asia Pacific Destinations Index last year shows that Singapore is among the most popular travel destinations in the region. Speaking of Singapore, the Great Singapore Sale is just around the corner, happening from June 8 to August 12 this year.
Heading to Singapore to go on a shopping spree during the Great Sale? Check out these destinations where you can catch the trendiest finds at irresistible prices, coupled with amazing perks!
The first and the last stop when going to and leaving from Singapore, Changi Airport welcomes arriving guests and bids farewell to departing visitors with over 350 stores of luxury goods and necessities, representing the abundance and hospitality of the island city.
Known as Asia's most famous shopping street, Orchard Road is a 2.2km-long strip of luxury brands, homegrown labels, and trendy high-fashion collections. Pedder on Scotts houses 100 footwear and accessories brands, while the iconic TANGS, Orchard Road's first department store covers a vast collection of clothing labels, both international and local, including Aijek, Max Tan, In Good Company, and Carrie K.
Singapore's premier island resort get away is brimming with beaches, lush rainforests, spa retreats, and shopping choices. At the heart of the Island beats the vibrant Resorts World Sentosa, Asia's favorite playground featuring more than 45 retail outlets. Sentosa Island is home to specialty stores like Hershey's Chocolate World, high-end home furnishings, luxury designer brands, and many more.
Singapore's largest retail and lifestyle destination, Vivo City is home to a series of artworks, an open playground for kids, and a rooftop amphitheater. The family-oriented destination is also home to shops that cater to both the young and the young at heart. Avenue Kids offers fun and stylish outfits for the young ones, whereas Forever New is where you can find haute couture-inspired pieces. DC Comics Superheroes features clothes, accessories, and collectibles centered on some of the world's most beloved superheroes.
A world of perks and privileges
Mastercard lets shopaholics like you get the most out of their shopping spree experience at the Great Singapore Sale with a multitude of perks and privileges.
* Receive SGD 20 worth of ION Orchard shopping vouchers for a minimum spend on your Mastercard.
* Get 30% off on your stay in Holiday Inn Orchard Road when you book advance.
* Enjoy a complimentary bottle of red or white wine for a minimum spend of SGD 120 on your MasterCard at Putien or TungLok.
* Receive 20% off on dining outlets, spas, and world-class attractions like iFly Singapore, Madame Tussauds Singapore, Sentosa 4D Adventureland, and more with Mastercard.
* Get special offers on admission packages and annual passes to Universal Studios Singapore, SEA Aquarium, and Adventure Cove Waterpark with Mastercard.
* Enjoy exclusive offers of up to 20% off at participating outlets in Changi Airport.
* Get 10% off at So Chocolate.
* Receive a new backpack or character-themed utensils for school from The Little Shop.
* Avail up to 10% off on regular-priced items at Trunk and Co.
In addition, you might even find yourself on a plane to Broadway or the West End afterwards. Get a chance to fly business class with Philippine Airlines to London or New York and enjoy a VIP treatment at the staging of Hamilton, along with other luxurious perks, for every USD 100 single receipt on your Philippine-issued Mastercard when travelling or shopping overseas until June 30, 2018.