Huawei nova 3i launches, nova 3 preorder begins in August

POSTED BY: Lionell Go Macahilig
2018-07-30 17:32:00 PHT

Chinese smartphone giant Huawei officially brought to the Philippines the Huawei nova 3i, the company's latest smartphone model for the midrange market. Adding to the excitement brought about by the launch was the introduction of celebrity James Reid as Huawei's new brand ambassador at the activity area of Glorietta in Makati City last Saturday.

Clad in an elegant body composed of a back glass and a metal mid-frame, the new Huawei nova 3i sports a 6.3-inch touchscreen display with FHD+ (2340 x 1080) resolution. Sporting a bezel-less design, the front comes with a minimal notch that houses a 24MP + 2MP camera system, complemented by a 16MP + 2MP camera system on the back with F2.2 aperture.

All cameras (four in total) are backed by Huawei's AI technology which helps in ensuring impressive images with rich, accurate details and bokeh effects. Reinforced by AI algorithms driven by learning more than 100 million images, the nova 3i can distinguish 22 categories of over 500 scenes, resulting in optimized outputs.

The phone's AI scenery recognition adjusts the surroundings to match with your portrait. Speaking of the surroundings, the hardware-level HDR Pro feature also works to produce precision-balanced images with real-time preview even in direct sunlight.

Adding fun to your experience when snapping selfies with it, the nova 3i features AI-powered 3D Qmojis which can learn and animate your facial expressions, movements, and voice to generate personalized Qmoji GIFs and videos that you can use when sending messages. Apart from fun, the nova 3i also adds drama to your content through 16x Super Slow Motion mode which lets you record movements into action highlights at 480 frames per second.

From imaging, Huawei extends AI's possibilities to other aspects of the nova 3i. When gaming, Huawei’s AI game suite works with GPU Turbo technology to maximize the phone's Kirin 710 CPU for increased responsiveness. When shopping, simply do a two-finger long-press on the image you desire or just scan the object, and the phone's AI will search the item online for hassle-free shopping. When taking calls, AI, along with ambient noise cancellation, enhances low-volume and noise-laden calls. AI also helps in enhancing the phone's wireless connectivity whether on 4G or Wi-Fi.

Coming with a 3340mAh battery, 4GB RAM, and 128GB ROM (storage can be expanded up to 256GB via microSD), the Huawei nova 3i is now available for the price of PhP 15,990 in Black, Pearl White, and Iris Purple color variants.

Apart from the nova 3i, the higher end Huawei nova 3 also made an appearance during the 3i's launch. While sporting the display specifications similar to those of the 3i, the nova 3 steps up by being equipped with a Kirin 970 chipset, 6GB RAM, 128GB ROM, and a 3750mAh battery. Imaging-wise, it carries a 24MP + 2MP front camera system and a 24MP + 16MP rear camera system. The Huawei nova 3 will be open for preorder from August 4 to 10 for the price of PhP 25,990. Official selling will start on August 11, 2018.