Vivo V11, V11i smartphone make landfall in PH

POSTED BY: Lionell Go Macahilig
2018-09-17 22:34:00 PHT

Bolstering its portfolio of AI-powered offerings under the V series, Chinese smartphone giant Vivo officially brought to the Philippines the Vivo V11 and the V11i. The arrival of Vivo's latest handsets was welcomed locally with a star-studded event held at the Shangri-La at The Fort in Bonifacio Global City.

"Innovating with consumers in mind is our priority. We are excited to introduce the AI-powered V11 to create a more intuitive and personal mobile experience for our users," said Annie Lim, Vice President for PR Strategy and Partnerships. "With that in mind, we have made the perfect shot much easier to take with our AI Camera, added smarter AI services, and introduced our industry-leading In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Technology to the V series for the first time. We will strive to bring trend-setting innovations and the best experience to more consumers around the world," Lim added.

Clad in an elegant shell available in Nebula and Starry Night variants, the Vivo V11's most conspicuous feature is its Super AMOLED Halo FullView Display which measures 6.41 inches and has a 19.5:9 aspect ratio and FHD+ screen resolution. Equipped with ultrathin 1.76 bezels, the V11 boasts a 91.27% screen-to-body ratio, delivering an uninterrupted viewing experience.

Another milestone smartphone from Vivo, the V11 is the first model in the V series to incorporate the In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Technology. Initially demonstrated at the Consumer Electronics Show this year, this feature eliminates the now common fingerprint pad among today’s smartphone. The result is a seamless rear design without compromising the user’s security, coupled with Face Access feature which unlocks the phone instantly by scanning 1,024 facial feature points even in the dark.

Following the success of the V9 last year, the V11 also incorporates enhanced artificial intelligence (AI) to its cameras. The smartphone’s AI Backlight HDR and AI Low Light Mode employ AI algorithms to capture multiple frames for greater detail and combine them to create perfectly exposed images. The V11 also uses AI Scene Recognition to identify objects, elements, and scenes, and apply customized enhancements, resulting in eye-popping photos.

Self-portraits with the V11 are AI-enhanced as well. With AI Face Shaping Technology, the V11 employs an AI face-modeling algorithm that adds individual treatments to facial features. In addition, AI Selfie Lighting brings more lighting effects to the V11, using AI algorithms that understand how the user’s face interacts three-dimensionally with light. Thirdly, the V11 also features AI Portrait Framing uses AI to guide users in achieving proper image framing.

On the hardware side, the V11 packs a 12MP + 5M dual rear camera system with a large F1.8 aperture and 1.28μm pixel size, coupled with a 25-megapixel front camera. The 12-megapixel rear camera utilizes Dual Pixel Sensors with 24 million photosensitive units and DSLR-standard Dual-Pixel Autofocus technology that can lock focus in just 0.03 seconds.

Beyond photography, Vivo has expanded the AI mobile experience on the V11 by introducing AI assistant Jovi, including related features such as Jovi Smart Scene, Google Lens, and Google Assistant. Jovi Smart Scene can recognize usage scenarios and act accordingly, providing real time information such as weather. Google Assistant helps in map navigation, online shopping, travel arrangements, social media and digital content management, whereas Google Lens lets users search for what they see by making use of advanced deep learning algorithms.

These AI capabilities of the V11 are backed by a robust hardware, comprising of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 660AIE processor coupled with 6GB RAM and 64GB ROM, running Vivo’s latest Funtouch OS 4.5 based on Android 8.1. Equipped with 3400mAh battery, the V11 is now available in the country for the price of PhP 19,999.

Vivo V11i

Also available in Nebula and Starry Night variants, the Vivo V11i comes with a 6.3-inch Halo FullView Display with 19:9 aspect ratio, 90.4% screen-to-body ratio, and FHD+ screen resolution (2280 x 1080p). On the imaging front, the V11i incorporates a 16MP + 5MP dual rear camera system and a 25-megapixel front camera. Running on Android Oreo with Vivo’s Funtouch 4.5 OS, the smartphone is powered by a 2.0GHz Helio P60 processor with Mali-G72 MP3 800MHz, 4GB RAM, and 128GB ROM. Packed with a 3315mAh battery and a rear fingerprint scanner for security, the Vivo V11i is priced at PhP 15,999 locally.